Cost Per Click (CPC) refers to the actual price you pay for each click in your pay-per-click (PPC) marketing campaigns. In this lesson you’ll learn:
- A more thorough definition of cost per click.
- Why CPC is important to you and your PPC campaigns.
- How to lower your cost per click while maintaining (or even improving) traffic and conversion levels.
A “click” on one of your PPC text ads represents a visit, or an interaction with your company’s product or service offering. Every click in a PPC campaign represents attention from a person who is searching for something that you offer. This attention is what you’re buying, as an advertiser, so it’s important to note two factors:
- What type of attention you’re going after, and
- How much you’re paying for it.